Hunter electrocuted while leaving woods

Hunter electrocuted while leaving woods
(Source: WWNY)

RUSSELL, N.Y. (WWNY) - A Syracuse man is dead after he apparently accidentally electrocuted himself in St. Lawrence County over the weekend.

State police say 27-year-old Nathan Johnson was leaving the woods after hunting on Mackin Road in Russell at around 5 p.m. Saturday when he grabbed a downed power line to move it.

Troopers say he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say there’s no sign of foul play.

Copyright 2020 WWNY. All rights reserved.