Couple escapes injury after fire breaks out in Massena home

Couple escapes injury after fire breaks out in Massena home
Fire (Source: MGN)

MASSENA, N.Y. (WWNY) - Fire caused smoke and water damage in the basement of a home in the village of Massena Monday.

Firefighters were called to 19 Hillcrest Avenue shortly before 11 a.m.

Fire Chief Paul Brownell said a husband and wife were inside the home when the blaze broke out. They escaped without injury.

The chief said they had been thawing frozen water lines in the basement when a storage room caught fire.

Copyright 2021 WWNY. All rights reserved.