CROGHAN, N.Y. (WWNY) - Fire damaged a camp in Croghan early Friday morning.
Lewis County dispatchers say the second floor and roof of the camp at 8674 Soft Maple Road were extensively damaged in a fire that was called in shortly after midnight.
The rest of the camp, owned by Frank LaPlaca of Rochester, suffered water damaged.
When they arrived, firefighters from Croghan saw flames near the chimney and were able to confine the fire to upstairs.
Officials attribute the cause to a wood stove.
Helping the Croghan Fire Department were Lewis County Search and Rescue and firefighters from New Bremen, Castorland, and Beaver Falls.