POTSDAM, N.Y. (WWNY) - High school hockey and basketball were among the games people were playing Monday.
Canton visited Potsdam for a boys’ hockey contest. Potsdam was looking for its first win in the final game of the abbreviated season.
- The Sandstoners were on the scoreboard first when James Sullivan takes the centering pass and lights the lamp. 1-0 Sandstoners.
- Second period: Tyler Berkman feeds Logan McCargar, who tucks the puck home. Potsdam up 2-0.
- Canton answers as Peter Coakley sets up Trey Bessette who sticks in his own rebound, cutting Potsdam’s lead to 2-1.
- Parker Hunt lasers the wrister off the opposite goalpost, knotting the game at 2-2.
- Potsdam’s John Duffy would backhand home the game winner in the third period, but it was Potsdam eighth-grade goaltender Chase Rozler who shined in net with 30 saves to collect his first high school win between the pipes as Potsdam held on to edge Canton 3-2.
In boys’ basketball, Colton-Pierrepont faced Madrid-Waddington on the Yellow Jackets’ home court.
- Caleb Froats with the break to the basket. 2-0 Yellow Jackets.
- Froats to Jake Morgan for 2 more. Jackets up 4.
- Colts answer: Mike Schwartfigure to Cody Thomas for the corner 3-ball.
- Harlee Besio reverses for 2 of his team-best 14 points. Colts lead 5-4.
- Jackets cycle the ball, finding Froats for the trifecta.
- Billy LaPierre answers with 3 from the top of the arc.
- Colby Beldock slices to the rack, Drew Harmer cleans up the boards.
- Kyle Stoner led the way with 19 points as Madrid-Waddington beat Colton-Pierrepont 57-48.
Monday’s local scores
Boys’ high school basketball
Sackets Harbor 58, Harrisville 47
Hermon-DeKalb 71, Morristown 52
Edwards-Knox 59, Hammond 42
Norwood-Norfolk 59, Parishville-Hopkinton 39
Madrid-Waddington 57, Colton-Pierrepont 48
OFA 88, Lisbon 77
Girls’ high school basketball
Thousand Islands 46, Belleville Henderson 22
Harrisville (winner), Sakets Harbor
St. Regis Falls 34, Brushton-Moira 26
Canton 57, Potsdam 33
Gouverneur 63, Massena 47
Saranac Lake 41, Salmon River 40
Boys’ high school hockey
Potsdam 3, Canton 2
Salmon River 5, Norwood-Norfolk 3
Girls’ high school swimming
Watertown 97, South Jefferson 77
St. John Fisher 2, Clarkson 1
St. John Fisher 6, Clarkson 2