TV Dinner: Pumpkin Chili
WATERTOWN, New York (WWNY) - It’s perfect comfort food for fall.
Chef Chris Manning prepares Pumpkin Chili. He was inspired because Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, so it’s a great time for something warm and tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can great northern beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
Cook olive oil, onion, carrots, celery, and bell pepper on low heat in a four-quart stock pot until onions are soft.
Add cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder and cook 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken, broth, corn, and beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Add more chicken broth if chili is too think.
Garnish with shredded cheddar, sour cream, scallions, and pumpkin seeds that have been shucked, roasted and salted.
Copyright 2021 WWNY. All rights reserved.