Fire damages Three Mile Bay home

Published: Jan. 19, 2023 at 11:26 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

THREE MILE BAY, New York (WWNY) - No one was injured in a house fire in the town of Lyme hursday morning.

The fire at 8858 State Route 12E was called in around 9:30 a.m.

Three Mile Bay Fire Chief Justin Borquin said that as of around 11 a.m. firefighters were working to extinguish any fire inside the walls.

Only one person was home when the fire started. Pets were also in the home but have not been found.

One problem firefighters had was the fire continued to be hard to find.

“They’ve done a heck of a job knocking down the fire,” said Three Mile Bay Fire Company Chief Justin Borquin. “Now it’s an overhaul, and we’re trying to find the fire in the walls.”

National Grid was on scene to cut power to the house, making it safer for firefighters.

Officials were still looking into the cause.

Clayton, Chaumont, Cape Vincent, and Brownville fire departments also responded to the scene.