Hancock Street fire sends one to the hospital

Hancock Street fire
Published: Feb. 5, 2023 at 8:54 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WATERTOWN, New York (WWNY) - A Hancock Street home received minor damage in a Sunday evening fire.

The Watertown Fire Department responded to calls of a stove fire around 7 PM.

Fire officials say the kitchen and living room were damaged, but the flames were contained and put out in 10 minutes. They say the occupants can return to the home after it’s repaired.

One of the home’s residents was taken to Samaritan Medical Center for possible smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking.

Others on scene included the Watertown Police Department, the Watertown City Codes Department, and Guilfoyle Ambulance.