Yankees vs. Red Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 14
The New York Yankees (73-72) will aim to keep a three-game winning streak alive when they visit the Boston Red Sox (73-72) at 1:35 PM ET on Thursday.
The Red Sox will give the ball to Tanner Houck (4-9, 5.28 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Yankees will counter with Michael King (4-5, 2.82 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Yankees vs. Red Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Venue: Fenway Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Houck - BOS (4-9, 5.28 ERA) vs King - NYY (4-5, 2.82 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Red Sox vs Yankees Betting Trends & Stats|
|Red Sox vs Yankees Player Props|
|How to Watch Red Sox vs Yankees|
|Red Sox vs Yankees Odds|
|Red Sox vs Yankees Prediction|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Michael King
- The Yankees are sending King (4-5) to the mound for his sixth start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 2.82 ERA and 100 strikeouts through 83 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he threw five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 2.82, with 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 45 games this season. Opponents are hitting .221 against him.
- King does not have a quality start so far this season.
- King will try to prolong a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 1.8 innings per appearance).
- In 30 of his appearances this season he has not surrender an earned run.
Michael King vs. Red Sox
- The opposing Red Sox offense has the sixth-ranked slugging percentage (.436) and ranks 15th in home runs hit (171) in all of MLB. They have a collective .263 batting average, and are third in the league with 1315 total hits and eighth in MLB play scoring 721 runs.
- King has thrown four innings, giving up seven earned runs on seven hits while striking out two against the Red Sox this season.
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tanner Houck
- The Red Sox will send Houck (4-9) to the mound for his 18th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up five earned runs and allowed eight hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.28 and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .257 in 17 games this season.
- In 17 starts this season, he's earned three quality starts.
- Houck has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has yet to finish an appearance without an earned run allowed this season.
Tanner Houck vs. Yankees
- The Yankees rank 24th in MLB with 609 runs scored this season. They have a .225 batting average this campaign with 203 home runs (seventh in the league).
- The Yankees have gone 7-for-36 with two doubles, two home runs and three RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.