Yankees vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The New York Yankees (75-73) and Pittsburgh Pirates (69-79) meet on Saturday at 6:35 PM ET, at PNC Park.
The probable starters are Luke Weaver (2-5) for the Yankees and Luis Ortiz (4-4) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Yankees vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 6:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Weaver - NYY (2-5, 6.77 ERA) vs Ortiz - PIT (4-4, 4.66 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Pirates|
|Yankees vs Pirates Odds|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Luke Weaver
- The Yankees will hand the ball to Weaver (2-5) for his 23rd start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, Sept. 9 against the Tampa Bay Rays, throwing 4 1/3 innings of relief while giving up four earned runs and allowing four hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 6.77, a 2.51 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.613 in 26 games this season.
- He has started 22 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Weaver has made nine starts of five or more innings in 22 chances this season, and averages 4.2 frames when he pitches.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 26 chances this season.
Luke Weaver vs. Pirates
- The Pirates rank 27th in MLB with a .237 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 25th in the league (.389) and 144 home runs.
- The Pirates have gone 10-for-37 with two doubles, four home runs and eight RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Luis Ortiz
- Ortiz (4-4) takes the mound first for the Pirates in his 14th start of the season. He has a 4.66 ERA in 73 1/3 innings pitched, with 48 strikeouts.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday against the Atlanta Braves, when he went 5 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed a 4.66 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings over 15 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .293 to opposing hitters.
- Ortiz has three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Ortiz will try to build on a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he's averaging 4.9 innings per outing).
- He has not had an appearance yet in 2023 that he did not give up at least one earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.