Yankees vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
The New York Yankees (76-74) and Toronto Blue Jays (83-67) battle in AL East play, on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET.
The Yankees will call on Clarke Schmidt (9-8) versus the Blue Jays and Yusei Kikuchi (9-6).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: YES
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Venue: Yankee Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Schmidt - NYY (9-8, 4.56 ERA) vs Kikuchi - TOR (9-6, 3.81 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Blue Jays|
|Yankees vs Blue Jays Odds|
|Yankees vs Blue Jays Prediction|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Clarke Schmidt
- Schmidt (9-8) will take the mound for the Yankees, his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed seven hits in 5 1/3 innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Thursday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 4.56 ERA this season with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.5 walks per nine across 30 games.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned five quality starts.
- Schmidt has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- In 30 appearances this season, he has finished five without allowing an earned run.
Clarke Schmidt vs. Blue Jays
- The Blue Jays have scored 679 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They have 1316 hits, eighth in baseball, with 172 home runs (18th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Blue Jays one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-21 with a double and two home runs in 5 2/3 innings.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi (9-6) is looking for his 10th victory when he takes the mound first for the Blue Jays in his 30th start of the season. He has a 3.81 ERA in 153 2/3 innings pitched, with 163 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Texas Rangers, the lefty tossed five innings, allowing six earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 32-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.81, with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opposing batters have a .249 batting average against him.
- Kikuchi is looking to secure his 10th quality start of the season.
- Kikuchi will try to prolong a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.3 frames per outing).
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in four of his 29 outings this season.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 32-year-old ranks 27th in ERA (3.81), 31st in WHIP (1.249), and 17th in K/9 (9.5).
Yusei Kikuchi vs. Yankees
- The opposing Yankees offense has a collective .225 batting average, and is 29th in the league with 1109 total hits and 23rd in MLB action with 632 runs scored. They have the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.397) and are seventh in all of MLB with 208 home runs.
- Kikuchi has thrown six innings, giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out three against the Yankees this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.