Richville Homeowner Prevents Serious House Fire

Richville Homeowner Prevents Serious House Fire

Posted: Updated:

It could have been worse. A chimney fire in Richville was caught before it could spread to the home.

Richville firefighters spent about 45 minutes venting a chimney fire at 95 Main Street.

Fire Chief Mark Shipee said the homeowner smelled the fire and called it in at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday.

If he hadn't been home at the time, they could have had a house fire on their hands.

DeKalb Junction and Gouverneur Rescue also responded.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.