Alleged Drunk Diver Accused Of Harassing OfficerPosted: Updated:
A motorist who refused to pull over for about a mile ended his visit with police by hitting an officer in the chest with his several tickets.
Police in Potsdam say 51 year old Terry Hanna of Hannawa Falls was driving erratically on Pierrepont Avenue and refused to pull over.
When he did finally stop on State Route 56 outside the village, police found he was intoxicated and had an open alcoholic beverage in the vehicle.
Police say he refused to take a breath test and they discovered his license was suspended.
He was written up on several charges before hitting the officer in the chest with the tickets.
That's when police added a second-degree harassment charge. Before that, he was charged with:
- Driving in the center lane
- Driving across a hazard marking
- Consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle
- Failure to comply with a lawful order
- First-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- First-degree driving while intoxicated
- Refusing to take a breath test
He will answer the charges when he appears in Potsdam town court next week.