Fire Wednesday night at an apartment house shut down part of a Watertown street.
The fire at 325 Coffeen Street was quickly contained. All city firefighters on duty responded to the fire around 7:30 PM.
Battalion chief Matt Timerman said a tenant called 9-1-1 after smelling smoke:
"When we went up to the second floor, we found a light smoke condition on the second floor and a small fire up in the attic," Timerman said.
Everyone got out safely. There was some water damage. Fire investigators are looking at the house's wiring. The Red Cross said it provided emergency aid to nine people.