Fire Destroys Garage in Beaver Falls

Fire Destroys Garage in Beaver Falls

Posted: Updated:

A raging fire destroyed a family's garage and multiple vehicles on Beaver Fall's main street.

The owner tells 7 News the  garage was more than a place for storage.

The fire began early Thursday afternoon in Glendon Widrick's garage.

The flames tore through the building at 9671 Main Street Officials say a worker at Interface Solutions noticed smoke and called emergency crews just after 1:30 p.m.

"I was working at Lowville school and I got a phone call from my wife at about 1:30," he said. "So, the fire was discovered shortly before that by my wife and my son and my daughter in law and they noticed flames already coming out of the garage."

 Widrick believes it started after his son lit a fire in the wood stove in the back of the garage, accidentally igniting something near it. 

Two cars and an RV were destroy. But the worst part about it, Widrick said, was the loss of the second floor where he used to host events with his loved ones.

"We just had a surprise 50th birthday party a week ago for a gal in our church and there was like 70-75 people there," he said. "That's pretty tough."

Beaver River and Croghan fire departments responded as did state police and the Lewis County Sheriff's Department. No one was injured.

"It was just very well instrumented," Widrick said. "The fire department did a great job."

Widrick said he plans on rebuilding the garage, but it probably won't have a second floor.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.