Grand Jury Indicts Burglary Suspect With Ties To Former AssemblywomanPosted: Updated:
A Jefferson County grand jury has indicted a 44 year old burglary suspect who has ties with former Assemblywoman Addie Jenne.
Nathan McElhone of Antwerp has been indicted on 13 criminal counts:
- 3 counts of second-degree burglary
- third-degree burglary
- fourth-degree grand larceny
- fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property
- fourth-degree criminal mischief
- 2 counts of petit larceny
- 2 counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property
- resisting arrest
- second-degree obstruction of governmental administration
McElhone was arrested last September for allegedly stealing copper piping and other items from a garage on Route 11. State police said they were forced to taser McElhone to subdue him.
McElhone was set free on pre-trial release last September.
Jenne lost the election in November after the McElhone arrest became an issue during the campaign.